Start it now no matter how shit it is, then preserve it
- You'll have something to look back on
- Keep it under the same domain and Google will love you
- You'll have prior art for others to judge you by
- Your readers' bookmarks won't break
- You'll meet a good challenge when updating your site's tech if you do
- You won't have to worry about looking like a noob
If I'd have stuck with the site I started back in 2004, I'd have 17 years' worth of posts; no matter the quality – they'd exist. I didn't. I kept nuking my site in favour of a better design, a better angle, or for fear of looking dumb when I changed my mind. Don't do that. Keep your content up. Post it early and often. The web is huge and malliable. People won't be able to punish you for the wrong content unless you're doing something really bad. If you're just being cringe, be cringe – it really doesn't matter. Cringe on, and give us something to read; then keep it.